Friday, April 10, 2015

Business Spotlight: Vallarta

Summer is upon us, which means flowy tops over swimsuits and short shorts!

Luck for us, Vallarta Co. specializes in ethically made, light, airy summer clothing!


Angela from Vallarta Co. was kind enough to share her story with us.

"I was extremely blessed to inherit this wonderful company from my mom, Maria Resendiz, about a year ago. My mission is to spread awareness about Ethical Fashion and create as many fun/safe/profitable jobs in my moms hometown Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and my hometown Austin, Texas.
  
A little back story on how Vallarta Co. began --- my mom has had her clothes custom made since she was 11 years old in Puerto Vallarta (the woman who first sewed her outfits then is still one of our head seamstresses to date)! She started the company when I was a about year old when she became a single mother and noticed everyone loved her unique style -- she needed something that allowed her to work from home so she could take care of her young kids. Not only do we pay our seamstresses fair wages, we allow them to work in the comfort of their own homes. This allows them to take care of their families while making a good living.



That brings us to one of our main struggles which is price point. It can be difficult to compete with companies who produce in factories/use cheap plastic based materials (we use 100% cotton always) because in order to cover our costs our prices have to be higher. Since taking over and learning more about the process that goes into each garment I have become more conscious about where my clothes are made/the quality/materials used.

My favorite pick is the Maddie top because it is simple and it's something I can wear everyday no matter what I'm doing!"



Angela in the Maddie Top
 Conscious Pieces:
Shirt: Vallarta
Earrings: Raven + Lily

Other:
Shorts: Hemline 
For more about Vallarta click here

No comments:

Post a Comment