Friday, January 30, 2015

Threadflip and Bea Arthur

“No.”
“No what?”
“No. I love you, but that is terrible.”

I huffed and puffed back into my room to see what my boyfriend was talking about. This new $4 vintage, itchy black/brown/orange/red baggy sweater is totally on point, what does he know?

Spoiler: it wasn't; and not in a “men don’t understand fashion” way, but in a poorly fitted, frumpy, cedar chest smelling way.

I have tried, oh how I have tried to be one of those women who look effortlessly stylish in thrift store finds, but it just doesn’t happen.

Alas, recycling clothing is VERY important when dressing consciously. Even if the second hand clothing you are buying is not made of natural fibers or from a conscious company, you are doing the planet a solid by relieving international transportation waste.

But, if you are like me and emerge from Goodwill frustrated and looking like Bea Arthur at her worst, there are other ways to buy second hand.


While some people have great luck with Ebay, my personal favorite is Threadflip. Threadflip is a user-friendly site and app that sells high quality second hand clothing for a very reasonable price.


The beauty of this site is you can search for those conscious brands that you can’t afford full price (looking at you Reformation and Armour Vert). Recycled, consciously made, and a cheaper cost? Yes please!






Conscious Pieces:

Shirt: Amour Vert
Necklace: Olive 

Other:

Jeans; Old Navy
Belt: Target
Hair tie: Goody (I promise I'll stop wearing them)

No comments:

Post a Comment